Established within its current location since 2004, Worcester riding School is a friendly, professional riding school offering children and adults the whole equestrian experience. From one to one private lessons, to group lessons, to Birthday parties for children to pub rides for the adults. We also breed and train young horses and ponies. We have a competition team on site who BD, BS and BE, opportunities to assist with the competition horses and ponies.
This is voluntary work experience for a maximum of 10 weeks in a friendly & professional riding school. A Traineeship is an education & training programme with work experience that is focused on unlocking peoples potential and giving them the skills & experience that employers are looking for.
This Traineeship work experience is part of an education and training programme that is focused on giving young people the skills and experience that employers are looking for. At its core is the Work Preparation training, English and maths for those who need it, and a high quality work experience placement.
Traineeships help unlock your great potential and give you the work preparation training, maths, English, Digital Skills and work experience needed to get an Apprenticeship or other job.
This Traineeship Opportunity is unwaged.
Are you eligible?
- Are you currently not in a job? Do you have little or no work experience?
- Are you aged 16 to 24 and qualified below Level 4?
Tasks will include:
- Mucking out
- Handling horses
- Health and safety on the yard
- Changing rugs and turning out/bringing in
- Hay/water the ponies
- Assisting with lessons when safe to do so
Training to be provided
You will receive training and be working towards an Entry 3/Level 1 Qualification - Developing Skills in the Land based Industry which will include the following units:
- Health and Safety in an Animal Care Workplace
- Working in Animal Care
- Caring for Animals: Feeding and Grooming
- Cleaning & Maintaining Animal Accommodation
- Applying for a job
- Conduct at work
- Making the most of work placement
- Listen and Respond
- Making Calculations
On successful completion of the programme you will receive a certificate of completion and an employer reference as a minimum, to support future job applications There may be opportunities to progress into an apprenticeship or employment with training or further education If paid positions are available you will have the opportunity to apply for these positions.
- Hard working
- Good communication skills
- Good time keeping
- Team player
- An interest in gaining experience within the Industry
Things to consider
- We are not on a bus route so reliable transport is very important
- KEITS Training Services Ltd reserves the right to close the vacancy earlier than the listed closing date should the need arise.
The total hours including work experience and remote study would average approximately 25-30 a week.
Possible start date
22 March 2021
16 February 2021