Vauxhall City Farm is one of the oldest and most central city farms in London being located within earshot of Big Ben and in the shadow of MI6. Despite this proximity to ‘wealth’, Lambeth is one of the most deprived boroughs in London and the farm is surrounded by high-rise blocks occupied by individuals and families, many of whom have low incomes and suffer poverty of opportunity. Given the open access nature of the farm, it would be very easy to dismiss VCF as simply being a cute place to visit and ‘all about the animals’. Behind the public face, the reality is that our animals, whilst much loved, are essentially a vehicle for education and change; the animals feature in many of our programmes and are key to helping our staff and volunteers engage with and deliver positive impact for both individual beneficiaries and groups from our wider community.
This is voluntary work experience for a max of 10 weeks in a city farm. A Traineeship is an education and training programme with work experience that is focused on giving people the skills and experience that employers are looking for. Traineeships help unlock your potential and can help improve your chances of getting an apprenticeship.
his Traineeship work experience is part of an education and training programme that is focused on giving young people the skills and experience that employers are looking for. At its core is the work preparation training, English and maths for those who need it, and a high-quality work experience placement.
Traineeships help unlock your great potential and give you the work preparation training, maths, English, Digital Skills and work experience needed to get an Apprenticeship or other job.
This Traineeship Opportunity is unwaged.
Are you eligible?
- Are you currently not in a job? Do you have little or no work experience?
- Are you aged 16 to 24 and qualified below Level 3 (A level)?
- Learn how to clean out
- Feed and handle a variety of animals such as alpacas, rabbits, sheep and chickens
You will be working towards an Entry 3/Level 1 Qualification - Developing Skills in the Land based Industry.
The traineeship work experience is part of an education and training programme that is focused on supporting young people to gain the skills that employers are looking for when recruiting.
At its core is work preparation training, English and Maths for those who need it, and a high quality work experience placement.
Training to be provided
You will be working towards an Entry 3/Level 1 Qualification - Developing Skills in the Land based Industry which will include the following units:
- Health and Safety in an Animal Care Workplace
- Working in Animal Care
- Caring for Animals: Feeding and Grooming
- Cleaning & Maintaining Animal Accommodation
- Applying for a job
- Conduct at work
- Making the most of work placement
- Listen and Respond
- Making Calculations
- On successful completion of the programme you will receive a certificate of completion and an employer reference as a minimum, to support future job applications
- There may be opportunities to progress into an apprenticeship or employment with training or further education
- If paid positions are available you will have the opportunity to apply for these positions
- Hard working
- Good communication skills
- Team player
- An interest in gaining experience within the Industry
- Be reliable
- Sensible attitude
Things to consider
- KEITS Training Services Ltd reserves the right to close the vacancy earlier than the listed closing date should the need arise
2-4 days work experience with the employer 0.5 remote working with KEITS
Possible start date
15 March 2021
2 February 2021