Old Tiger Stables are a large equestrian centre with over 50 horses, comprising of riding school offering all levels of riding, a coaching centre and livery yard. They have always carried out various training courses for students and are a pony club centre. They have been established for over 34 years.
To work along with the other members of staff to carry out daily yard duties and assist with seeing clients for their riding lessons and caring for the horses and ponies. Riding may be included.
This Traineeship opportunity is UNPAID Work Experience as part of an entry to work course for those aged from 16 up to 19 years old who are unemployed and not in education.
You will be learning practical skills which will include:
- Mucking out stables
- Handling Horses
- Feeding and watering horses
- Grooming Horses
You will also study for a Gateway qualification which contains the following units:
- Health and Safety in an Animal Care Workplace
- Working in Animal Care
- Caring for Animals: Feeding and Grooming
- Cleaning & Maintaining Animal Accommodation
- Applying for a job
- Conduct at work
- Making the most of work placement
- Listen and Respond
- Making Calculations
The traineeship work experience is part of an education and training programme that is focused on supporting young people to gain the skills that employers are looking for when recruiting. At its core is work preparation training, English and Maths for those who need it, and a high-quality work experience placement.
Are you eligible??
- Are you currently not in a job and have little work experience?
- Are you aged 16-19 and qualified below Level 4?
- Think you could be ready for employment or an apprenticeship within 6 months, or less?
- Motivated to work hard and learn
Training to be provided
Training will be provided towards an E3 or L1 Gateway Qualification - Skills for the Land based Sector.
A traineeship is a course with work experience that gets you ready for work or an apprenticeship. It can last up to 6 months.
You can apply if you’re:
- eligible to work in England
- unemployed and have little or no work experience
- aged 16 to 19 and qualified below Level 4
- a work experience placement
- help with English and maths (if you need it)
You won’t be paid, but you may be given expenses for things like travel and meals.
- Possible progression into an apprenticeship
- Some basics in horse care ideally
- Keen to learn
- Applicants must be qualified BELOW level 4
Things to consider
- This is UNPAID work experience with supported training, so you will need to consider this before you apply.
- KEITS Training Services Ltd reserves the right to close the vacancy earlier than the listed closing date should the need arise.
- You have to be aged from 16 up to 29 yrs. old (this is not employment but Work Skills Training and is therefore not part of an employment contract). You will be assessed on your progress and through your commitment for permanent roles.
- If you are unsure if this is right for you, please apply and/or contact us and we will assess your suitability.
These vary but will average approximately 25 hours a week
Possible start date
23 April 2021
10 March 2021