Professional dog grooming spa based in Hull. One on one dog grooming in a cage free environment. We specialise in difficult dogs and all profits made go to help the dogs at Oakwood Dog Rescue.
As a traineeship you will be working alongside one of the groomers learning to bath and prepare a dog to be groomed. Cleaning of the salon would be expected to be done to a high standard. Customer service would be taught and how to take bookings for future appointments and take payments for services provided.
This Traineeship opportunity is UNPAID Work Experience as part of an entry to work course for those aged from 16 up to 24 years old who are unemployed and not in education.
We have an opportunity for an enthusiastic and motivated person who is passionate about animals to work in an inspiring environment and be a valued member of a friendly, professional team.
The role includes:
- Prepping and bathing dogs
- Booking appointments and dealing with customers including taking payments
- Making sure the salon is kept clean to a high standard
- Assisting groomers with dogs.
- Providing excellent customer service
- Will be learning how to groom dogs of different breeds by yourself
The traineeship work experience is part of an education and training programme that is focused on supporting young people to gain the skills that employers are looking for when recruiting. At its core is work preparation training, English and Maths for those who need it, and a high quality work experience placement.
Are you eligible?
- Are you currently not in a job and have little work experience
- Are you aged 16-18 and qualified below Level 4
- Think you could be ready for employment or an apprenticeship within 6 months, or less?
- Motivated to work hard and learn
Training to be provided
Training to be provided by the employer, supported KEITS. This will include one half day a week remote learning with your assessor.
Training will be provided towards an E3 or L1 Gateway Qualification - Skills for the Landbased Sector.
You will also study for a Gateway qualification which contains the following units:
- Health and Safety in an Animal Care Workplace
- Working in Animal Care
- Caring for Animals: Feeding and Grooming
- Cleaning & Maintaining Animal Accommodation
- Applying for a job
- Conduct at work
- Making the most of work placement
- Listen and Respond
- Making Calculations
- After successful completion of the Traineeship course, you will receive a certificate of completion and a letter of reference as a minimum
- Potential for progression onto an apprenticeship for the right candidate
- A love and passion for working with dogs
- Good communication skills
- Ideally you will have some experience of working with or handling pets in a professional capacity
- Team Player
- Must have a passion for pets and be a people person
- Must be committed to delivering a high quality service on a daily basis
- Must be able to work late evenings and weekends and be flexible
None specified. This message will not appear on the vacancy when it goes live
Things to consider
- This is UNPAID work experience with supported training, so you will need to consider this before you apply
- KEITS Training Services reserves the right to close vacancy earlier than the listed closing date should the need arise
- You have to be aged from 16 up to 24 years old (this i not employment but Work Based Skill Training and is therefore not part of an employment contract). You will be assessed on your progress and through your commitment for permanent roles
- If you are unsure if this is right for you, please apply and/or contact us and we will assess your suitability
Varied opening hours Monday to Saturday. 2 to 4 working days and 1/2 day remote learning.
Possible start date
22 March 2021
27 January 2021