We're a family run riding school built over 30 years. When you visit us at Fourwinds the experience starts when you get out of your car. We have a great venue, horses and staff ready to make your session here as much fun as possible whilst making sure you’re getting the very best learning experience from our instructors and horses.
A Traineeship is an education and training programme with work experience for up to of 10 weeks. It focuses on giving young people the skills and experience that employers are looking for. Traineeships help unlock great potential and give work preparation training. This traineeship is in a friendly, riding school.
This Traineeship work experience is part of an education and training programme that is focused on giving young people the skills and experience that employers are looking for. At its core is the work preparation training, English and maths for those who need it, and a high-quality work experience placement.
Traineeships help unlock your great potential and give you the work preparation training, maths, English, Digital Skills and work experience needed to get an Apprenticeship or other job.
This Traineeship Opportunity is unwaged.
You will complete work experience 3 days a week and complete ½ a day remote learning.
You will be working towards an Entry 3/Level 1 Qualification - Developing Skills in the Land based Industry which will include the following units:
- Health and Safety in an Animal Care Workplace
- Working in Animal Care
- Caring for Animals: Feeding and Grooming
- Cleaning & Maintaining Animal Accommodation
- Applying for a job
- Conduct at work
- Making the most of work placement
- Listen and Respond
- Making Calculations
During your work experience with us you will be taught all of the fundamental tasks involved with working with horses. As we are a busy riding school you will get a lot of hands on experience (the best way to learn!)
Your typical day will involve helping to muck out the stables, grooming the horses and tacking them up for rides. Full training will be given for each task so that you are safe and clear with what you are doing.
As well as the jobs mentioned above you will also learn about other tasks such as: feeding, colours and points of the horse, and also leading and handling horses. You may be offered the chance to have some riding lessons.
It is a very rewarding opportunity with lots of experience to be gained for trainees that are reliable and hard working.
Training to be provided
- Training to be provided by the employer, supported KEITS. This will include one half day a week remote learning with your assessor
- Training will be provided towards an E3 or L1 Gateway Qualification - Skills for the Landbased Sector
- On successful completion of the programme you will receive a certificate of completion and an employer reference as a minimum, to support future job applications
- There may be opportunities to progress into an apprenticeship or employment with training or further education
- If paid positions are available you will have the opportunity to apply for these positions
- Good communication skills
- An interest in gaining experience within the Industry
- Be reliable, punctual and have a sensible attitude
- Hard working
- Team player
None specified. This message will not appear on the vacancy when it goes live
Things to consider
- This is unpaid work experience with supported training, so you will need to consider this before you apply
- KEITS Training Services reserves the right to close vacancy earlier than the listed closing date should the need arise
- You have to be aged from 16 up to 24 years old (this is not employment but Work Based Skill Training and is therefore not part of an employment contract). You will be assessed on your progress and through your commitment for permanent roles
- If you are unsure if this is right for you, please apply and/or contact us and we will assess your suitability
Working on the yard with horses is a physically demanding job, you will be on your feet for a lot of the day so it would not be suitable for someone with health problems that could be effected by this.
We work in all types of weather so you must be prepared to dress accordingly. As the job does involve fairly early starts you must be able to commute to us easily or even better live fairly local.
You will be required to wear warm, comfy clothes that you do not mind getting dirty. You will be offered some riding lessons if you wish so jodphurs or leggings are ideal. You will also need a waterproof jacket, gloves and some boots that are suitable for working on the yard. You will also need a facemask for certain times.
3 days per week. Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday, 8.30am - 5.00pm. 1 hour lunch 0.5 day remote with KEITS
Possible start date
8 March 2021
19 April 2021