Inadown is a riding school and livery yard, set in the countryside of Hampshire. We are a where to train BHS centre, as well as approved riding school and livery yard and pony club centre. We have a variety of horses ranging from 10hh to 17.2hh, something for everyone. There are plenty of opportunities at Inadown with onsite cross country, show jumping, shows and clinics plus many off site activities and trips throughout the year.
A KEITS Traineeship is an education and training programme with work experience for up to of 10 weeks. It focuses on giving young people the skills and experience that employers are looking for. Traineeships help unlock great potential and give work preparation training.
This Traineeship opportunity is UNPAID Work Experience as part of an entry to work course for those aged from 16 up to 19 years old who are unemployed and not in education.
You will complete work experience 2 – 4 days a week and complete ½ a day remote learning.
You will be working towards an Entry 3/Level 1 Qualification - Developing Skills in the Land based Industry.:
Tasks will include:
- Mucking out
- Grooming horses
- Handling and leading horses
The traineeship work experience is part of an education and training programme that is focused on supporting young people to gain the skills that employers are looking for when recruiting.
At its core is work preparation training, English and maths for those who need it, and a high-quality work experience placement.
Are you eligible??
1) Are you currently not in a job and have little work experience?
2) Are you aged 16-19 and qualified below Level 4?
3) Think you could be ready for employment or an apprenticeship within 6 months, or less?
4) Motivated to work hard and learn
Training to be provided
You will be training towards an Entry 3/Level 1 Qualification - Developing Skills in the Land based Industry which will include the following units:
- Health and Safety in an Animal Care Workplace
- Working in Animal Care
- Caring for Animals: Feeding and Grooming
- Cleaning & Maintaining Animal Accommodation
- Applying for a job
- Conduct at work
- Making the most of work placement
- Listen and Respond
- Making Calculations
A traineeship is a course with work experience that gets you ready for work or an apprenticeship. It can last up to 12 months.
You can apply if you’re:
- eligible to work in England
- unemployed and have little or no work experience
- aged 16 to 19 and qualified below Level 4
- a work experience placement
- help with English and maths (if you need it)
You won’t be paid, but you may be given expenses for things like travel and meals.
On successful completion of the programme you will receive a certificate of completion and an employer reference as a minimum, to support future job applications.
There may be opportunities to progress into an apprenticeship or employment with training or further education.
If paid positions are available, you will have the opportunity to apply for these positions.
- Hard working
- Good communication skills
- Team player
- An interest in gaining experience within the Industry
- Be reliable, punctual and have a sensible attitude
- Applicants must be qualified BELOW level 4
Things to consider
KEITS Training Services Ltd reserves the right to close the vacancy earlier than the listed closing date should the need arise.Apply
2-4 days’ work experience with the employer 0.5 remote working with KEITS.
Possible start date
4 May 2021
23 March 2021