We are a family run business in a Boarding Kennels and Cattery establishment. We have been running the Business for 11 years. The business operates all year round. We have a high standard of cleanliness and treat every animal like our own.
Kennel hand. Duties involving. Cleaning Kennels and cat chalets to a high standard. Changing cat and dog bedding, filling up fresh water bowls, cleaning animal bowls, helping with feeding, poo picking, washing, sweeping, bathing and brushing dogs and cats.
This Traineeship opportunity is UNPAID Work Experience as part of an entry to work course for those aged from 16 up to 18 years old who are unemployed and not in education.
The job vacancy is to give you experience of working in a kennel and cattery environment.
The traineeship work experience is part of an education and training programme that is focused on supporting young people to gain the skills that employers are looking for when recruiting. At its core is work preparation training, English and Maths for those who need it, and a high quality work experience placement.
Are you eligible??
1) Are you currently not in a job and have little work experience
2) Are you aged 16-18 and qualified below Level 3;
3) Think you could be ready for employment or an apprenticeship within 6 months, or less?
4) Motivated to work hard and learn
Training to be provided
You will be training towards an Entry 3/Level 1 Qualification - Developing Skills in the Land based Industry which will include the following units:
- Health and Safety in an Animal Care Workplace
- Working in Animal Care
- Caring for Animals: Feeding and Grooming
- Cleaning & Maintaining Animal Accommodation
- Applying for a job
- Conduct at work
- Making the most of work placement
- Listen and Respond
- Making Calculations
A traineeship is a course with work experience that gets you ready for work or an apprenticeship. It can last up to 12 months.
You can apply if you’re:
- eligible to work in England
- unemployed and have little or no work experience
- aged 16 to 18 and qualified below Level 4
- a work experience placement
- help with English and maths (if you need it)
You won’t be paid, but you may be given expenses for things like travel and meals.
- Progression into an apprenticeship
On a rota basis including weekends . 7am-5pm 1 ½ hour lunch break.
Possible start date
28 June 2021
27 May 2021