Our experienced team design, create, construct and maintain gardens and grounds, to a high standard throughout Kent. We offer a full range of landscape and garden services including, consultations, garden design, hard and soft landscaping and grounds maintenance. We cater for private individuals, local government, schools and commercial clients.
At all times:
- Promoting the company's professional image on site and working in accordance with the Company Health and Safety Policy.
- Take care with tools and machinery, especially when working in public places.
- Health & Safety is of paramount importance and should adhered to at all times.
- PPE should be worn as and when required. Pesticide application equipment will be supplied.
- To be polite and courteous to clients at all times.
- Work to a high standard, both within a team and individually, without constant supervision.
- The key tasks of the position can be broadly summarised as follows:
Hard Landscape Works
- Undertaking minor demolition works
- Assisting in the construction of stone or brick walls, retaining structures, laying kerbs, timber edgings, setts, slabs, stone paths/surfacing’s, concrete slabs etc.
- Erection of various garden structures
- Assisting in the erection of various types of fences and timber structures
- Assisting in the installation of land drainage and surface water drainage systems
You may be required to use a wide range of power tools such as disc saws, drills etc. and to operate many different items of plant including mini excavators, dumpers, rollers and the like whilst undertaking the above works.
Soft Landscape Works
- The cultivation and preparation of ground for turfing, seeding or planting
- Taking delivery of and planting trees, shrubs, ground cover and herbaceous plants
- Mulching planted areas with bark, mushroom compost, manure or similar materials
- Completing turfing and seeding works
- Lawn mowing
- Hedge cutting
- General garden maintenance
- Interest and knowledge in the horticulture sector
- Good with practical tasks and problem solving
- Strong communication skills
- Uses initiative
- Fit & able as this job role is physically demanding
- GCSE's in maths and English at C/grade4/FS level2 or above are desired but not essential
- Applicants MUST NOT already hold a level 2 or higher in a horticulture related subject to be eligible for this apprenticeship
- To become a full-time qualified landscaper at Earthstone Landscapes Ltd
Things to consider
- KEITS Training Services Ltd reserves the right to close the vacancy earlier than the listed closing date should the need arise
- We work in all weather and the work can be physically demanding. We work in remote locations across Kent so own transport/the means to get to destinations is required
Canterbury, Kent, CT3 2LA
2 months approx.
5 February 2020
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Level 2 Horticulture Apprenticeship (Notcutts Ltd, Dukeries)
Location: DukeriesView Apprenticeship Details
Level 2 Horticulture Apprentice (West Herts Crematorium)
Location: Watford WD25 0JSView Apprenticeship Details
Apprentice Groundsperson (Edgwarebury Cemetery)
Location: Edgware HA8 8QPView Apprenticeship Details