A busy family run nursery and garden centre in the heart of the village of Sellindge in Kent. Growing and selling a huge variety of plants and vegetables for the general public.
We are a small, friendly, hard-working team looking for a Garden Centre Apprentice to join the team. The applicant will always have help and full support.
The successful candidate will work largely ensuring general housekeeping of all growing areas.
- Maintain plant health and participate in annual production cycle
- Plant husbandry tasks
- Large scale potting
- Identifying pests and diseases
- Maintain stock records
- Loading customer vehicles and unloading goods in
- Keeping customer and production areas tidy
- Maintaining and keeping glasshouse & outside standing down areas
- Irigation repairs and maintenance
- Identifying, picking and packing plants for orders
- Using the tray filling machine
- Cutting back
- Hand and machine potting
- Propagation of seeds
- Growing on of vegetable plants, annuals and perennials.
- Customer service and occasional working on the till
- Ensure stock is produced to the highest of standards
- Good Communicator
- Must be willing to work in all weather
- Have a sense of commitment and a keen interest in plants
- Reliable, willing to learn and have a good work ethic
- Work well in a team as well as on your own
- Excellent time keeping skills
- Polite and respectful attitude
- Presentable appearance, hard working
- Common sense
- Ability to show and follow instructions
- Willingness to work hard and want to learn about plants and modern horitculture
- GCSE or equivalant English and maths 9-4/A-C or equivalent
Successful completion of the apprenticeship could lead to employment.
Things to consider
Working in all weather, cold in the winter and hot in the summer.
KEITS Training Services Ltd reserves the right to close the vacancy earlier than the listed closing date should the need arise.Apply
Monday to Friday 9am - 5pm. Possible weekends Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
5 April 2021
12 January 2021
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship