A Championship 9-hole golf course nestled in the heart of The Chilterns, an area of outstanding natural beauty. Boasting first class facilities and views, Princes Risborough Golf Club has hosted the National Nines 5 times.
We are recruiting for a Golf Greenkeeping Apprentice who is enthusiastic and keen for the outdoor life to join our current team in this beautiful location.
Duties will include:
- A golf greenkeeper is responsible for the maintenance, care and overall appearance of a golf course in line with employer’s requirements
- It is their job to maintain a good quality playing surface and ensure the course offers a consistent challenge and an enjoyable experience for golfers
- There are four key turfgrass areas on a golf course – greens, tees, fairways and areas of rough, each of which requires a different type of maintenance. Using a range of equipment and machinery safely and competently will play a major part within an apprentices training programme
- Golf greenkeepers will also be involved in hazard, environmental and ecological operations which may include bunker maintenance, planting turf, trees, shrubs and developing wildlife habitats
The skills required to become a competent greenkeeper will be acquired whilst working on the golf course.
By the end of the programme, the apprentice will know when, how and why the range of maintenance operations are carried out.
The career as a golf greenkeeper can take you wherever the game of golf is played. Working outdoors in a healthy environment and as new countries are embracing the sport and more golf courses are being built, there is no better time to consider joining this great profession.
- Be a strong team player
- Willingness to put in the effort to work and learn
- Fit for the physicality of the work
- Applicants MUST NOT already hold a level 2 or 3 qualification in horticulture
- GCSEs or equivalent in maths and English are desired
- Progression within the team as we expand the business
Things to consider
- KEITS Training Services Ltd reserves the right to close the vacancy earlier than the listed closing date should the need arise.
Princes Risborough HP27 9NX
Total hours per week: 40.00
approx. 24 months
Possible start date
7 June 2021
17 May 2021
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship