Situated in beautiful Staffordshire parkland, Eland Lodge Equestrian strives to deliver the highest quality to its customers, catering for all countryside lovers and equestrians from those who ride for leisure to the professional competitor. As an independent family business established in 2004 by John & Veronica Coupland, Eland Lodge Equestrian has grown to become one of the UK's most trusted equestrian establishments. The site includes a fully serviced 28 horse livery barn, retail store & coffee shop, riding facilities including a competition arena and 65 acre cross country course, and holds over 150 equestrian competitions and events per year.
This a great opportunity for someone to start a career in the exciting field of Equestrian Sport.
The successful candidate will be given an excellent grounding in all aspects of ground care:
- Course building
- Jump construction
(all within the framework of both British Eventing and British Showjumping rules and regulations.)
Training will be given in the full range of hand tools, both powered and manual, powered machinery including mowers, strimmers, hedge cutters and eventually at the appropriate age the tractors and ATV.
They will also be shown how to keep a major competition venue clean and tidy and in a fit state to welcome the many visitors who come to site. They will also be trained to provide the extensive range of maintenance and service tasks a site of this size and complexity requires.
They will work alongside the head groundsman but eventually as their experience develops, they will be given tasks to complete alone. As part of their broader training it would be expected that the suitable candidate will become a fully qualified British Eventing Course Builder.
- A practical disposition and desire to work out of doors
- Strong communication skills
- A desire to achieve excellence in the work you do and to progress as far as possible up the British Eventing Course Builder program
- Maths & English GCSE Grade 4/C or above or equivalent qualification (Please list all qualifications on application to be considered)
- Evidence of continuous professional development (Please fill in work experience section in detail)
- Willingness to work towards relevant qualifications required for the apprenticeship
- The vacancy offers the candidate the ability to develop a many skills allowing development along a range of tracks from course building, site maintenance, groundwork and groundsmanship
Things to consider
- KEITS Training Services Ltd reserves the right to close the vacancy earlier than the listed closing date should the need arise
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-ratesApply
Ashbourne DE6 5HD
Five day week, starting work at 08:30 and finishing at 16:30. 45mins for lunch and a 15min break in
14 Months approx
18 March 2020
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Level 2 Apprentice Office Administrator (Willows Bird of Prey Centre)
Location: Wadhurst TN14 7LJView Apprenticeship Details
Level 2 Equine Groom Apprentice (Gillian's Riding School)
Location: Enfield EN2 9JLView Apprenticeship Details
Equine Groom Apprentice Level 2 (Four Winds Equestrian Centre)
Location: Spalding PE11 3QJView Apprenticeship Details