Bryerley Springs Equestrian Centre was founded as a family business over 25 years ago. With just under 200 acres of land and a vision for the future, we have come a long way. Continuous investment has allowed us to constantly improve the quality and range of facilities on offer. We are all very pleased with the amazing facilities we have developed; The 2 international sized menages and 2 smaller ménages, the show jumps, movable x/c jumps, a cross country course, more than 35 riding school ponies and 60 stables for liveries, all set in stunning countryside just a few moments outside Milton Keynes.
We are currently recruiting for an enthusiastic and dedicated Apprentice who is looking to further their knowledge and skills. The successful candidate will work alongside our current team handling and caring for ponies and horses.
Working with professional people, the training will give a good foundation to go on and work in any sphere of equestrian.
Yard Duties will include:
- Turning out and bringing in
- Mucking out
- Feeding, watering and haying
- Clipping and trimming
- Maintaining the cleanliness of the yard at all times
- Tacking up
- Lunging/long rein
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a friendly, hard-working team. Within the role the successful candidate will be working toward a Level 3 Senior Groom with further training and employment available for the right candidate.
- Good communication skills
- Must be able to work alone at time and as part of a team
- Applicants must have experience of teaching horse riding lessons and show this on application
- Riding and/or Backing experience should be given on application
- Team player
- GCSE’s or equivalent in maths and English are desired
- Progression for the right candidate
Things to consider
- There is no accommodation on site, own means of transport is essential
- KEITS Training Services Ltd reserves the right to close the vacancy earlier than the listed closing date should the need arise
- Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week), For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
Competitive salary for the right candidate
20-35hours, shifts to be confirmed.
Possible start date
1 June 2021
20 April 2021
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
Level 2 Equine Groom Apprenticeship (Tewin Hill)
Location: WelwynView Apprenticeship Details
Equine Groom Apprentice (The Stables horse activity centre)
Location: BarnetView Apprenticeship Details
Level 2 Equine Groom Apprenticeship (Castledyke Equestrian Centre)
Location: BostonView Apprenticeship Details