Jonathan coaches horse and rider across all disciplines, and likes to take a rounded approach. His great love is cross country, and he especially enjoys teaching safe and successful cross country techniques. When not coaching, Jonathan is kept busy serving the sport of Eventing. He has held the role of Chairman of British Eventing’s Risk Management Committee since 2010 and sits on the BE Sport Committee. In 2012 he was invited to join the panel of Selectors for the Great Britain Senior Eventing Team. With his fellow selectors Jonathan is currently working on the list of potential combinations for the Olympics in Rio 2016. Jonathan is also a regular columnist for British Eventing Life Magazine.
We are currently recruiting for an enthusiastic and dedicated Apprentice who is looking to further their knowledge and skills. The successful candidate will work along side our current team handling and caring for our competition liveries and event horses.
A high standard of care and attention to detail will be expected to maintain the company image we pride ourselves on.
Yard Duties will include:
- Turning out and bringing in
- Mucking out
- Feeding, watering and haying
- Clipping and trimming
- Maintaining the cleanliness of the yard at all times
- Tacking up
- Lunging/ long reining
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a friendly, hard working team with a successful event rider and coach in the equestrian industry. Within the role the successful candidate will be working towards a Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship in Horse Care.
Requirements and prospects
- Candidates must have previous experience of working in the industry with competition horses
- We are looking for someone who has a real passion for the industry and a desire to learn
- Someone who is a team player, reliable and has good timekeeping skills
- GCSE, or equivalent, Grade C or above in maths and English preferred but not essential
- There will be further employment opportunities for the right candidate after their level 3
Things to consider
- Working with horses requires working in all-weathers and weekend work will be required if there are competitions
- KEITS Training Services Ltd reserves the right to close the vacancy earlier than the listed date should the need arise
Rickmansworth WD3 6HH
40hrs 5 days inc w/ends on a rota Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
20 September 2018
14 August 2018
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
Level 2 Equine Groom (Coldblow Equestrian Centre)
Location: Cold Blow Lane | Maidstone | ME14 3LRView Apprenticeship Details
Level 2 Equine Groom (Frenches Farm Livery Yard)
Location: 3 Frenches Farm Cottages | Andover | SP11 6JQView Apprenticeship Details
Level 2 Equine Groom Bransby Horses
Location: LincolnView Apprenticeship Details