The yard is a family run yard run by international showjumper – Yazmin Pinchen. It is professional with high standards. The horses have 5* treatment and facilities include: Solarium in both wash boxes with hot water, rubber matting stable with sides and base covered, horse treadmill, 18 acres of paddocks, large arena with full set of jumps, full security & CCTV cameras, heated tack room and tea room, hacking facilities – road and off road, and training on site everyday / when required.
We are currently recruiting for an enthusiastic and dedicated Apprentice who is looking to further their knowledge and skills. The successful candidate will work alongside our current team handling and caring for our competition horses.
Working with professional people, the training will give a good foundation to go on and work in any sphere of equestrian.
A high standard of care and attention to detail will be expected to maintain the company image we pride ourselves on.
This could be a fantastic opportunity for somebody who is wanting to further their career within the industry.
We can offer daily training and show you how we run a professional yard. We are looking for someone who is passionate about horses and takes pride in their work. You must be sociable and bubbly as we have clients in and out daily, being professional is extremely important to us and our reputation. The candidate must be reliable and have transport to and from our yard.
There can be the opportunity to come to shows for the right person but also you will be expected to take sole charge occasionally so being confident is key.
Yard Duties will include:
- Turning out and bringing in
- Mucking out
- Feeding, watering and haying
- Clipping and trimming
- Maintaining the cleanliness of the yard at all times
- Tacking up
- Lunging/long rein
- Must be able to work alone at time and as part of a team
- Applicants must have some experience of handling horses and show this on application (stallions + youngstock on site)
- Team player
- Good communication
- GCSE’s in maths and English are desired
- Applicants must not already hold a level 2 or higher in Horse Care
- Progression onto level 3 and future employment for the right candidate
Things to consider
- There is no accommodation on site, own transport would be desirable
- KEITS Training Services Ltd reserves the right to close the vacancy earlier than the listed closing date should the need arise
Crawley RH11 0LF
16 months approx
12 November 2019
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Level 2 Equine Groom Apprentice (Gillian's Riding School)
Location: Enfield EN2 9JLView Apprenticeship Details
Level 2 Equine Groom Apprentice (Tunstall Forest Livery)
Location: Woodbridge IP12 2JYView Apprenticeship Details
Equine Groom Apprentice Level 2 (Four Winds Equestrian Centre)
Location: Spalding PE11 3QJView Apprenticeship Details