Frenches Farm is located in the beautiful Essex countryside just 1 mile from Great Bardfield village. We are a family run BHS approved livery yard. Our aim is to provide a warm and friendly atmosphere, offering outstanding equestrian care and facilities for our liveries to use. We pride ourselves on the standard of care that we provide for our clients along with organising various clinics and do that little bit extra.
We are a family run BHS approved livery yard seeking to appoint a motivated equine apprentice who is looking to build their knowledge, understanding and practical expertise. The ideal candidate must be someone who is willing to commit to working a 4 day week, come rain, snow or shine you must be ambitious and eager to learn about horses.
Experience of supporting the daily needs of horses is considered to be essential. This may be demonstrated by tending to your own horse, volunteering carried out on a yard or through previous employment positions.
The apprentice must also be confident with both people and horses. Due to the yards location any applicants must have their own transport and we are not located on any public transport routes.
Main duties to include:-
- Turning out/Bringing In (to include changing rugs, hosing feet, picking feet out and applying any turnout boots that horses require)
- Mucking out (straw, shavings and pellet beds)
- Making Feeds
- Making up haynets and dealing with the hay soaker
- General yard maintenance (to include but not limited to:- jet washing, painting, weeding, maintaining the menage, levelling the walker)
- Holding horses for vet or farrier
- Holding horses and trotting up for Physio
- Keeping records up to date
- Dealing with clients face to face
- Tack cleaning
- Poo Picking and general field maintenance
- Fencing repairs (as and when needed)
- There may be the opportunity to ride for the right candidate but please be aware that this is not a riding position.
- Safe working skills
- Experience with horses MUST be shown on application
- People skills,
- Basic first aid knowledge
- Hard working,
- A team player
- GCSE's in maths and English are desired but not essential.
- Applicants MUST NOT already hold a level 2 (or higher) horse care qualification.
- Possible further employment with the business for the right candidate.
Things to consider
Important Other Information Training on the Apprenticeships Programme for 16 to 18 year olds is a priority and fully-funded by Government. Training for Apprenticeships for those over this age is part funded, with employers expected to make a part or full contribution.
From April 1st 2018 the National Minimum Wage (NMW) for Apprentices is £3.70 per hour (changing to £3.90 in April 2019). This applies to 16-18 year old Apprentices and those aged 19 and over in the first year of their Apprenticeship. For all other Apprentices the National Minimum Wage appropriate to their age applies. The wage for Apprentices applies to both time spent on the job plus time spent training.
KEITS Training Services Ltd reserves the right to close the vacancy earlier than the listed closing date should the need arise.Apply
3 Frenches Farm Cottages | Andover | SP11 6JQ
Tue,Wed,Thurs&Sun. 8am-5pm 1hr unpaid lunch. 32hrs p/w.
Approx. 14 months
Possible start date
6 February 2019
8 January 2019
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Level 2 Equine Groom (Coldblow Equestrian Centre)
Location: Cold Blow Lane | Maidstone | ME14 3LRView Apprenticeship Details
Level 2 Equine Groom Bransby Horses
Location: LincolnView Apprenticeship Details
Level 3 Apprentice Groom Chapman Equestrian
Location: Rickmansworth WD3 6HHView Apprenticeship Details