Coldblow has recently undergone a total refurbishment to provide 12 Monarch Stables and an Indoor Riding Arena is due to be ready to use in February 2019. This has vastly improved their already great facilities for horse and rider, but especially staff. Coldblow used to be a small riding school but has now evolved into a micro riding school with expansion of the livery side of the business to offer 12 spaces on a full livery basis. Training is given by Mrs Clara Hubbard who holds the BHS Level 4 Coaching Award (formerly Intermediate Instructor) along with the TAQA Award.
The job role will be offered to someone with good prior equestrian experience. The person will be working alongside our two full time senior staff and owner & Chief Instructor. Coldblow offers full livery to to horses and aims to keep to very high standards of horse care.
Tasks will include, but are not limited to:
- working alongside our other staff and Clara Hubbard
- giving feeds, turning out horses, mucking out & associated tasks
- cleaning waters, filling & hanging haynets
- sweeping, muck bin tidying
- field management duties.
- clipping, trimming, & tack cleaning.
- minor first aid tasks and grooming..
- exercising (schooling or hacking out) if applicant has suitable riding skills.
- Prior horse care experience is ESSENTIAL. (By this we do mean all round care & handling of horses. We do not feel this job role would suit someone who has been a weekly riding school client who has not had the opportunity to care and handle horses in all seasons.)
- Good time keeping skills
- Good communication skills
- Cheerful with a "can do" attitude
- Reliable & trustworthy
- GCSE's in maths and English are desired but not essential
- Applicants MUST NOT already hold a level 2 (or higher) horse care qualification
For the right person there could be the chance to move into a more senior role, such as Head Girl or Instructor.
Things to consider
- Important Other Information Training on the Apprenticeships Programme for 16 to 18 year olds is a priority and fully-funded by Government. Training for Apprenticeships for those over this age is part funded, with employers expected to make a part or full contribution.
- From April 1st 2019 the National Minimum Wage (NMW) for Apprentices is £3.90 per hour. This applies to 16-18 year old Apprentices and those aged 19 and over in the first year of their Apprenticeship. For all other Apprentices the National Minimum Wage appropriate to their age applies. The wage for Apprentices applies to both time spent on the job plus time spent training.
- KEITS Training Services Ltd reserves the right to close the vacancy earlier than the listed closing date should the need arise.
Cold Blow Lane | Maidstone | ME14 3LR
5Day Week including one weekend day. Start time is 7.50 am to finish by 5pm. Breaks given.
Approx. 14 months
Possible start date
1 March 2019
9 January 2019
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Level 2 Equine Groom (Frenches Farm Livery Yard)
Location: 3 Frenches Farm Cottages | Andover | SP11 6JQView Apprenticeship Details
Level 2 Equine Groom Bransby Horses
Location: LincolnView Apprenticeship Details
Level 3 Apprentice Groom Chapman Equestrian
Location: Rickmansworth WD3 6HHView Apprenticeship Details