We are a large busy BHS approved Livery yard between Hertford and WGC the yard is so also a working farm it is set on over 300 acres with excellent facilities. With two menege’s a x country course horse walker and amazing off road hacking. Horses in our care vary from elderly and retired to fit young competition horses. We hold regular clinics with top trainers in all disciplines as well as our own instructor. We also have a strong connection to local pony clubs who also use our facilities.
We are currently recruiting for an enthusiastic and dedicated Apprentice who is looking to further their knowledge and skills. The successful candidate will work alongside our current team handling and caring for our horses.
A high standard of care and attention to detail will be expected to maintain the company image we pride ourselves on.
Yard Duties will include:
- Turning out and bringing in
- Mucking out
- Feeding, watering and haying
- Clipping and trimming
- Maintaining the cleanliness of the yard at all times
- Handling horses for Vet/farrier/dentist
- Tacking up
- Lunging/long reining
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a friendly, hardworking team who all own and compete their own horses. Within the role the successful candidate will be working towards a Level 2 Diploma in Horse Care and may progress to an Advanced Apprenticeship in Horse Care (Level 3).
- Previous experience with horses is essential, please include examples of this within your application
- Team player
- Good customer service
- Ability to communicate well
- Pony Club C Test (or above) desired
- BHS staes would be beneficial
- Applicants MUST NOT already hold a level 2 or 3 qualification in horse care
- GCSE's or equivalent in maths and English are desired
- The opportunity to move onto a higher apprenticeship should the position be available for a suitable candidate.
Things to consider
- The site covers a large area of up to 300 acres with 80+ horses. Horses are turned out and ridden in all weather. We are a working farm so there is a lot of farm traffic so being alert and aware is a must.
- We have to deal with many people on a regular basis so an outgoing and confident personality will help.
- We are in a rural area but a bus service does operate to Tewin and the bus stop is within walking distance of the yard.
- Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
- KEITS Training Services Ltd reserves the right to close the vacancy earlier than the listed closing date should the need arise.
Welwyn AL6 0LL
Competitive salary depending on experience
16 months approx
8 October 2019
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Level 2 Equine Groom (Yazmin Pinchen Showjumping)
Location: Crawley RH11 0LFView Apprenticeship Details
Level 2 Equine Groom Apprentice (Northaw Riding School)
Location: Potters Bar EN6 4NTView Apprenticeship Details
Equine Groom Apprentice - Level 2 (Regal Equestrian)
Location: Shipston-On-Stour CV36 5PJView Apprenticeship Details