Our Premier Equestrian Centre is situated in the heart of the Leicestershire countryside, but close to all main road networks and has provided excellent horse riding lessons and services to all our customers since 1992 and we endeavour to improve continuously. As a busy riding school, we teach progressive horse riding lessons to all our clients.
We are currently recruiting for an enthusiastic and dedicated apprentice who is looking to further their knowledge and skills. The successful candidate will work alongside our current team, caring for a yard of 40 horses and ponies, being involved in all aspects of a busy riding school, assisting with BD shows and customers.
A high standard of care and attention to detail will be expected to maintain the company image we pride ourselves on.
Yard duties will include:
- Turning out and bringing in
- Mucking out
- Feeding, watering and haying
- Clipping and trimming
- Maintaining the cleanliness of the yard at all times
- Tacking up
- Lunging/long reining
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a friendly, hardworking team with a highly successful riding school. Within the role, the successful candidate will be working towards a level 2 Equine Groom Apprenticeship and may progress to a level 3 Senior Groom Apprenticeship.
- Previous knowledge of working with or owning a horse would be preferred
- Some horse handling experience is needed (details must be given on your application)
- All applicants must have a desire to learn and be punctual
- GCSEs (or equivalent) in maths and English are desirable but not essential
- You are not eligible for this position if you already hold a level 2 or above equine qualification
Opportunity to move onto the Senior Groom Apprenticeship should the position be available for a suitable candidate.
Things to consider
There is public transport to the stables for those that do not drive.
KEITS Training Services Ltd reserves the right to close the vacancy earlier than the listed closing date should the need arise.Apply
5 days including one weekend day & late night. Days and hours TBC. 40 hours
Possible start date
15 March 2021
2 February 2021
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship