I run a DIY livery yard and also have a number of horses I have bred so the work involves riding/schooling and managing young horses on a daily basis and all the normal yard duties involved. There is also the opportunity to hunt my horses if the applicant is capable enough.
Currently recruiting for an enthusiastic and committed individual looking to develop their skills in horse care and riding. The successful candidate will work alongside our current team handling and caring for our horses.
We are currently recruiting for an enthusiastic and dedicated apprentice who is looking to further their knowledge and skills. The successful candidate will work alongside the owner handling and caring for our horses.
A high standard of care and attention to detail will be expected to maintain the company image we pride ourselves on.
Yard duties will include:
- Turning out and bringing in
- Mucking out
- Feeding, watering and haying
- Clipping and trimming
- Maintaining the cleanliness of the yard at all times
- Tacking up
- Lunging/long reining
- Riding – schooling, jumping, hacking and ride and lead
- Hunting (if capable)
- Experienced at handling horses
- Good level of riding skills
- Someone who is confident and can work on own initiative
- Good common sense
- Someone who is motivated to study and improve their knowledge
- GCSE or equivalent maths and English at grade 2 (E) or above
- PC ‘B’ test.would be an advantage
The opportunity to move onto the Advanced Level 3 Apprenticeship should the position be available for a suitable candidate.
Things to consider
- There may be an opportunity to bring your own horse
- There may an opportunity to complete a Level 3 Senior Groom apprenticeship if you already hold a level 2 equine qualification
- KEITS Training Services Ltd reserves the right to close the vacancy earlier than the listed closing date should the need arise
Days and hours can be flexible and will be agreed with the apprentice during the interview.
Possible start date
12 April 2021
23 February 2021
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship