We recently moved to this lovely yard - all my staff and liveries came with me. I am a classically trained dressage rider and a qualified instructor. My main aim when I started running a livery yard was to provide a relaxed, happy and supportive atmosphere with high standards of horse care.
Cheval Court Stud has 19 boxes and around 52 acres of grazing with a canter track and nearby gallops. The existing staff have worked for me for quite a few years so we are a bit like a family and everyone supports and helps each other.
A typical day involves:
- We organise the day over a cup of coffee
- Turn out
- Muck out
- Bring in
- We then exercise the horses and groom
- After lunch we finish the exercising
- Tack clean
- Turn out the night horses
- Evening stables are done by 5 pm
- Hay up
Apprentices will be a part of the team and will carry out all yard duties.
- Applicants will need to have basic stable and riding skills from previous experience with horses and show this on application
- Good communication skills
- A teamplayer
- A real love for horses
- Reliable and trustworthy
- GCSE's or equivalent in maths and English at Grade C/4/Level 2 are desired but not essential
- Applicants MUST NOT already hold a level 2 or higher in Horse Care
- Future full employment as a fully trained groom for the right candidate.
Things to consider
- KEITS Training Services Ltd reserves the right to close the vacancy earlier than the listed closing date should the need arise.
Coulsdon CR5 3SD
14 months approx.
28 January 2020
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Level 2 Equine Groom Apprentice (Tunstall Forest Livery)
Location: Woodbridge IP12 2JYView Apprenticeship Details
Level 2 Equine Groom Apprenticeship (Tewin Hill)
Location: Welwyn AL6 0LLView Apprenticeship Details
Equine Groom Apprentice - Level 2 (Regal Equestrian)
Location: Shipston-On-Stour CV36 5PJView Apprenticeship Details