Inadown is a riding school and livery yard, set in the countryside of Hampshire. We are a where to train BHS centre, as well as approved riding school and livery yard and pony club centre. We have a variety of horses ranging from 10hh to 17.2hh, something for everyone. There are plenty of opportunities at Inadown with onsite cross country, show jumping, shows and clinics plus many off site activities and trips throughout the year.
Enthusiastic apprentice wanted for busy riding school & livery yard. BHS approved where to train centre. Must be hard working & driven who has a real interest in horses and wanting to succeed in the industry. Live out 5 day week, exams paid, lots of training & plenty of opportunities. Particular interest in someone wanting to teach.
We are currently recruiting for an enthusiastic and dedicated apprentice who is looking to further their knowledge and skills within the equine industry. The successful candidate will work alongside our current team handling and caring for our horses.
A high standard of care and attention to detail will be expected to maintain the company image we pride ourselves on.
Yard Duties will include:
- Turning out and bringing in
- Mucking out
- Feeding, watering and haying
- Clipping and trimming
- Maintaining the cleanliness of the yard at all times
- Tacking up
- Lunging/long reining
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a friendly, hard working team within a busy riding school and livery yard.
- Applicant must have the basics of tacking up, grooming & mucking out & details of prior experience of working or handling horses must be shown on application
- Good customer service skills
- Hard working
- Good time keeping
- Team player
- Enthusiastic and motivated
- GCSE, or equivalent, Grade 4/C or above in maths and English is desired but not essential
- Applicants must NOT already hold a level 2 or 3 in animal care
- Opportunities for higher apprenticeships and employment for the right candidate
Things to consider
- KEITS Training Services Ltd reserves the right to close the vacancy earlier than the listed closing date should the need arise
- This is a vacancy with animals. It will involve weekend work and flexible hours due to emergencies that may arise
- Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week), For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
5 days per week including weekends, 8am – 5pm; shifts TBC.
Possible start date
3 May 2021
10 March 2021
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship