Regal Equestrian is a Riding School, Pony Club Centre, Livery & Event Yard. We have about 30 horses, half of which live in. We are a small friendly team and always aim to have fun whilst working hard! We have a few horses on livery with lovely owners that we help. We produce event horses and ponies, currently about 8, from young horses to those being aimed at to CCI3* level this year. Our riding school is small though relatively busy with an active Pony Club Centre on the Oxon/Warks/Glos borders. We run small competitions in house to encourage rider development and take those who would like to go to competitions locally on their own or hired horses. In 2016 we were PC Centre Champions and 7th with a very inexperienced team this year. Adults new to riding and return riders are encouraged. We pride ourselves in trying to provide clients with an experience as close to owning their own horse or pony as possible, encouraging them to get involved in the yard.
We are able to offer someone opportunities to learn and gain experience in varied areas of the horse industry. If you are less experienced there is the opportunity to learn with safe horses in a riding school environment. You will learn how a commercial yard work. If you have more experience you could to learn to coach, be involved in backing horses and training competition horses as we currently have ponies and young horses eventing up to CCI*** level at home and abroad. We have lovely liveries involved in Pony Club, riding club and eventing and we take many of our riding school clients to shows too. Training will be designed to build on your experience and will include riding and stable management. If appropriate, you may help exercise horses as well as prepare them for competitions and groom at events. There may be the opportunity to work towards coaching or instructing qualifications. Training from experienced staff qualified up to BHSI & Level 3 Coaching will be provided. You will need to demonstrate good communication skills in dealing with clients in a positive manner and have a happy outlook on life to fit in with our lovely team.
During general yard duties a high standard of care and attention to detail will be expected to maintain the company image we pride on ourselves.
Yard duties will include:
- Turning out and bringing in,
- Mucking out,
- Feeding, watering and haying
- Clipping and trimming
- Maintaining the cleanliness of the yard at all times
- Tacking up
- Lunging/long reining
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a friendly, hard working team within an up and coming brand in the equestrian industry.
- Ideally you will have ridden and be confident riding and hacking horses and handling them in a variety of situations
- You would be ready to progress as a rider and or coach
- Previous experience of yard tasks is essential
- Hard working and flexible
- Happy and positive
- GCSE, or equivalents, in maths and English is desirable
- BHS stage 1 or 2 would be beneficial
- Applicants must not hold a level 2 or 3 qualification in horse care
- Possibility to progress as a coach or competition groom and travel to events
Things to consider
- Working in all weathers, hard physical work all day, own transport will be required as no accommodation available
- KEITS Training Services Ltd reserves the right to close the vacancy earlier than the listed closing date should the need arise
Shipston-On-Stour | CV36 5PJ
5 days a week, 1 weekend day 40hrs. rota to cover the hours of 7.30 -6/6.30pm.
16 months approx.
Possible start date
31 March 2019
5 February 2019
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
2 x equine grooms