Welcome to Monnington Equestrian, run by Thomas Monnington and his team including Yard Manager Rosie Eustace, Assistant Yard Manager Serena and Grooms Tabs and Freya. We aim to provide the most inviting stables for both horse and rider with various livery types available along with lush grazing, secure tack room, parking for horse boxes and the most friendly, sociable yard in the area.
We are currently recruiting for an enthusiastic and dedicated apprentice who is looking to further their knowledge and skills within equine care. The successful candidate will work alongside our current team handling and caring for our livery horses.
Tasks will include, but are not limited to:
- Working alongside our other staff
- Giving feeds, turning out horses, changing rugs, mucking out & associated tasks
- Cleaning waters, filling & hanging haynets
- Sweeping, muck bin tidying
- Field management duties
- Clipping, trimming, & tack cleaning
- Minor first aid tasks and grooming
- Assisting clients with their horses
- Exercising (schooling or hacking out) if applicant has suitable riding skills
- Holding horses for vets and farriers
- Some equine experience is required.
- Positive attitude and ability to work as part of a team.
- Strong communication skills are essential.
- GCSE’s in maths and English are desired but not essential.
- Applicants must not already hold a level 2 or 3 horse care qualification in order to be eligible for this apprenticeship.
- Future employment and training will be available for the right candidate
Things to consider
- This job is working with horses, which means it can involve long days in all weathers and include weekend working. It is important the candidates applying for this position are aware of this. It is hard work and predominately a stable based role. Riding only available to the right candidate. Ideally you will need to be able to drive to get here easily. There is a bus stop at the end of the road but not ideal in the winter
- KEITS Training Services Ltd reserves the right to close the vacancy earlier than the listed closing date should the need arise
8- 12 and 2/3-5:30 5 days a week to include one weekend day.
16 months approx
30 July 2019
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Level 2 Equine Groom Apprentice (Aldborough Hall Equestrian Centre)
Location: Ilford, EssexView Apprenticeship Details
Equine Groom Apprentice - Level 2 (Regal Equestrian)
Location: Shipston-On-Stour CV36 5PJView Apprenticeship Details
Equine Groom Apprentice Level 2 (Four Winds Equestrian Centre)
Location: Spalding PE11 3QJView Apprenticeship Details