Coldblow is a Livery Yard and small Riding School and Training Centre, which is Licensed by Maidstone Borough Council and was Awarded 5 Stars in the Licence Inspection in 2019, the highest grade. We are also approved by and inspected annually by the BHS British Horse Society. The owner of the business is Clara Hubbard (formerly Pilkington) who holds the BHS Intermediate Instructors Qualification, now known as a Level Four Accredited Coach. There are currently twelve Full Livery horses and the Owners’ horses,
Fantastic Level 2 Equine Groom vacancy at Coldblow including all basic husbandry routines, assisting with livery services. The successful candidate will work alongside our current staff, handling and caring for our liveries and riding school horses and ponies. Would consider Level 3 for the right candidate.
We are currently recruiting for an enthusiastic and dedicated apprentice who is looking to further their knowledge and skills within equine care. The successful candidate will work alongside our current staff, handling and caring for our liveries and riding school horses and ponies.
Tasks will include, but are not limited to:
- Working alongside our other staff
- Giving feeds, turning out horses, mucking out and associated tasks
- Cleaning waters, filling and hanging hay nets
- Sweeping, muck bin tidying
- Field management duties
- Clipping, trimming, and tack cleaning
- Minor first aid tasks and grooming
- Assisting clients with their horses
- Exercising (schooling or hacking out) if the applicant has suitable riding skills
Coldblow has fantastic facilities for both horses and people, including a newly built Indoor Riding Arena. Regular clinics and small friendly dressage or jumping shows are held and the candidate would be offered the opportunity to participate or compete, subject to a suitable horse being available.
Hours can be 30-40 per week (varied).
- Equine experience is essential, preferably working on a livery yard or competition experience. Details of which must be given on your application
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Strong communication skills are essential
- Positive attitude
- GCSEs (or equivalent) in maths and English are desired but not essential
- Applicants must not already hold a level 2 or 3 horse care qualification in order to be eligible for this apprenticeship
- Future employment and training will be available for the right candidate
Things to consider
- This job is working with horses, which means it can involve long days in all weathers and include weekend working. It is important the candidates applying for this position are aware of this
- Level 3 candidate would be considered, please state on application.
- KEITS Training Services Ltd reserves the right to close the vacancy earlier than the listed closing date, should the need arise
Possible start date
5 April 2021
14 April 2021
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Level 2 Equine Groom Apprentice (PJR Hall)
Location: BadmintonView Apprenticeship Details
Level 2 Equine Groom (Lucy Struthers Showjumping)
Location: Hitchin SG5 4BHView Apprenticeship Details
Level 2 Apprentice Equine Groom (Alice Begg Dressage ltd)
Location: BraintreeView Apprenticeship Details