We have an exciting opportunity for a person to join our talented team of florists, Melanie is a very highly qualified and experienced florist who will be your mentor, supporting KEITS with the inhouse training to enable you to blossom and flourish.
Florist apprentice required, full training will be given however an interest in floristry is essential to gain the most from this position. We are an expanding company and are looking for an enthusiastic person to join our team.
You will learn the skills to become an accomplished florist and enjoy a variety of work in a busy shop and off site work at events and weddings.
Duties will include:
- Preparing flowers ready for sale
- Day to day cleaning of vases and work areas
- Assisting with deliveries and helping to upload
- Conditioning flowers
- Displaying the plants and flowers that are displayed in the shop, learning how to arrange flowers for different occasions
- Taking orders over the telephone and online as part of our Interflora service and serving customers in the shop
This will in time include taking orders and discussing the requirements of funeral orders, wedding orders and general day to day gift orders.
- Basic maths and English skills.
- Good communication skills
- Effective timekeeping.
- Enthusiastic and keen to learn,
- The ability to work individually but also as part of a team.
- GCSE’s or equivalent in maths and English are desired
- Applicants MUST NOT already hold a level 2 or higher in Floristry
- On successful completion of the apprenticeship, there may be the opportunity to move onto the Advanced Level 3 Floristry Apprenticeship should this become available.
Things to consider
- The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
- KEITS Training Services Ltd reserves the right to close the vacancy earlier than the listed closing date should the need arise.
Rugby CV21 4AA
24 months approx.
Possible start date
16 August 2021
21 July 2021
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship