We have an exciting opportunity for a person to join a talented team of florists, Melanie is a very highly qualified and experienced florist who will be your mentor, supporting KEITS with the inhouse training to enable you to blossom and flourish.
Melanie Webb Flowers are looking for an enthusiastic person to join their team. You will learn the skills needed to become an accomplished florist and enjoy a variety of work, based in a busy shop and off site work at events and weddings.
Full training will be given however an interest in floristry is essential to gain the most from this position. They are an expanding company and are looking for an enthusiastic person to join the team.
You will learn the skills to become an accomplished florist and enjoy a variety of work in a busy shop and off site work at events and weddings.
Duties will include:
- Preparing flowers ready for sale
- Day to day cleaning of vases and work areas
- Assisting with deliveries and helping to upload
- Conditioning flowers
- Displaying the plants and flowers that are displayed in the shop, learning how to arrange flowers for different occasions
- Taking orders over the telephone and online as part of our Interflora service and serving customers in the shop
This will in time include taking orders and discussing the requirements of funeral orders, wedding orders and general day to day gift orders
Basic maths and English skills.
Good communication skills. Effective timekeeping. Enthusiastic and keen to learn, be able to work individually but also as part of a team.
- GCSE’s or equivalent in maths and English are desired
- Applicants MUST NOT already hold a level 2 or higher in Floristry
On successful completion of the apprenticeship, there may be the opportunity to move onto the Advanced Level 3 Floristry Apprenticeship should this become available.
Things to consider
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
KEITS Training Services Ltd reserves the right to close the vacancy earlier than the listed closing date should the need arise.Apply
30 hours a week between Mon to Fri 9am-3.30pm with one Sat 9am-1pm a month. Total hours per week: 30
Possible start date
14 September 2020
3 August 2020
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship