We are a small frendly busness, looking for someone who wants to learn about the floristry industry. From hand tied bouquets to shop displays our innovative approach and attention to detail are evident in everything we do. We have many varieties of flowers and plants in stock and use English suppliers wherever possible.
You will be working with other members of staff and learning the basics of how a florist works. We are a friendly team and easy to get along with. You will be expected to muck in and help with all jobs including cleaning and tidying the shop and we will teach you the basic floristry skills needed for your level 2 apprenticeship.
You will be supported and trained to learn and develop your basic floristry skills in the industry, as well as learning customer service skills. You will be required to do-
- Conditioning flowers
- Plant care
- Day to day cleaning & tidying up in the shop
- Learning how to make up all floristry designs.
- Applicants must show an interest in this sector of work at application.
- A knowledge of plants is desried but not essential
- Any artistic skills/background is desired.
- Good time keeping skills
- Applicants MUST NOT already hold a level 2/3 in Floristry
- GCSE's in maths and English are desired but not essential
- Possibility of working towards a level 3 for the right candidate
Things to consider
- Important Other Information Training on the Apprenticeships Programme for 16 to 18 year olds is a priority and fully-funded by Government. Training for Apprenticeships for those over this age is part funded, with employers expected to make a part or full contribution.
- From April 1st 2018 the National Minimum Wage (NMW) for Apprentices is £3.70 per hour. This applies to 16-18 year old Apprentices and those aged 19 and over in the first year of their Apprenticeship. For all other Apprentices the National Minimum Wage appropriate to their age applies. The wage for Apprentices applies to both time spent on the job plus time spent training.
- KEITS Training Services Ltd reserves the right to close the vacancy earlier than the listed closing date should the need arise.
Rear Of 106 | High Street | Tenterden | TN30 6HT
Mon - Fr 8.30am - 5pm (1/2 hour lunch) Days can vary. 30hrs p/w
Possible start date
17 January 2019
12 December 2018
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Increase wage Level 2 Apprentice Green Keeper (Golf Kingdom)
Location: Whalebone Lane North | Romford | RM6 6SBView Apprenticeship Details
Level 2 Equine Groom (Coldblow Equestrian Centre)
Location: Cold Blow Lane | Maidstone | ME14 3LRView Apprenticeship Details
Level 2 Equine Groom (Frenches Farm Livery Yard)
Location: 3 Frenches Farm Cottages | Andover | SP11 6JQView Apprenticeship Details