Established in 2019, we are an independent florist based in the beautiful town of West Malling, Kent. We offer whimsical and natural flowers for all occasions from weddings, to sympathy, parties and events. Throughout the year we stock an abundance of stunning flowers and an array of gorgeous house and garden plants. Do pop in to say hello and browse our selection of containers, vases, candles and decorative items for the house and garden. To top things off we are the proud stockist of some truly scrumptious chocolates from luxury suppliers across the UK.
The successful candidate will be required to prepare the florist ready for the day ahead, undertaking any cleaning and conditioning of flowers as required. They will be taking orders over the telephone and online and serving customers in the shop.
The successful candidate will learn the skills to become an accomplished florist and enjoy a variety of work in a busy shop and off site work at events and weddings.
Key responsibilities include:
- Identifying & conditioning fresh plant material
- Producing, costing and packaging a range of floristry designs
- Dealing with customers
- Creating Florist shop window & in store displays Requirements and prospects
- Good communication skills
- Keen to learn and able to get on with people
- Ability to use own initiative
- An interest in foristry must be shown on application
- Enthusiasm to learn
- Team player
- Good time keeping
- Maths and English GCSE grade C or above desired but not essential.
Each apprentice will be given the opportunity to grow within the business, our vision is to grow our own qualified staff, and the apprenticeship scheme is one method of achieving this goal. During the apprenticeship scheme, the apprentice will work with a qualified member of staff and be provided the support and guidance required to progress within the company.
Things to consider
- Get up early to get flowers from the flower market
- Work late hours to complete work for special events
- Work in cold conditions
- Visit and work in different locations
- Work longer hours at seasonal periods (eg Mothers Day)
- All applications must be made through apprenticeship vacancies
- Do not contact the employer direct or this may result in your application not being considered
- The Business will support each individual with their studies and associated examinations, at all times and allow time during working hours to complete necessary studies
- KEITS reserve the right to close this vacancy early if required
West Malling, Kent
14 months approx
7 May 2019
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship