ScenterBarks is a multi-award winning dog daycare centre. Using positive training methods we take care of up to 40 dogs each days in our centre. You will be monitoring the dog’s daily activities and ensuring each dogs individual needs are met, maintaining a clean and safe environment for the dogs to interact and assisting current and potential Clients with their requests or queries by phone, face to face or email.
The responsibilities will include:
- Keeping the dogs under control and watching their play and interactions constantly. Mixing the dog groups effectively and safely
- Cleaning up after the dogs, ensuring there area is safe to play in
- Following and enforcing the dogs routine
- Providing excellent customer service to prospective and current Clients face to face, via email or phone
- Managing bookings and cancellations
- Keeping the Centre well maintained and clean
- Handling payments and processing receipts
- Any other tasks allocated by the Senior team.
- Some dog experience is essential
- Computer literate
- Good customer serive skills
- Applicants must show some understanding of dog behaviour and training in their application
- Interest and passion for this sector of work.
- Good time keeping
- Team player
- Love for dogs!
- GCSE's, or equivalents, in maths and English are desired but not essential
- Applicants must not already hold a level 2 or higher in an animal care related qualification
- To join our expanding team and grow a career in the dog daycare industry
Things to consider
- Poles Lane is not safe to walk down so to get to the centre you will need to have a lift organised or be able to drive.
- You will be working in and outside so need to be prepared for all weathers. This is a very physical job and will require you to be on your feet most of the day.
- Working with any animals comes with a risk element, dog daycare is no different. While we do everything to reduce the risk with appropriate training and guidance, dogs are animals and the odd minor injury is to be expected.
- The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.70 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
- Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
- The minimum wage rates are £5.90 an hour for 18-20 year olds, £7.38 for 21-24 year olds and £7.83 for anyone aged 25 and over.
- Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
- KEITS Training Services Ltd reserves the right to close the vacancy earlier than the listed closing date should the need arise.
Four Dells Farm Poles Lane Winchester SO21 2DY
30 hours - Tues-Fri - 10am-6pm
Possible start date
2 January 2019
10 December 2018
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship