EveryDog Ltd is Kent’s first award-winning dog crèche of its kind and we are looking for an apprentice to join our team. We provide dogs with the chance to socialise and play all-day in our unique approach to doggy day care. Dogs are stimulated mentally and physically from the moment they arrive meaning owners no longer have to feel guilty about leaving their pooch at home! In addition to the creche, we offer grooming, dog training, a dog-only pet shop and an overnight hotel! We truly are the one-stop spot for anybody’s doggy needs.
We are looking for people with a natural love for dogs to care for them throughout their time with us. You must be a committed team player, with bags of enthusiasm, able to listen carefully and follow instructions.
EveryDog Ltd is Kent’s first dog crèche of its kind and we are now recruiting for a new level 2 apprentice to join our rapidly expanding team.
We are looking for people with a natural love for dogs. You must be a committed team player, with bags of enthusiasm, able to listen carefully and follow instructions. It is important to note that this role isn’t all about cuddling and playing with puppies. Though a great deal of the job is keeping dogs entertained and stimulated, you are also responsible for maintaining a safe and secure environment for all dogs.
Job involves but not limited to:
- How to handle animals safely
- Feeding, cleaning and grooming animals
- Looking after injured or sick animals
- Maintaining animal enclosures
- Identifying hazards
We will ensure you are offered the opportunity to experience all aspects of a busy dog crèche. This will include day care, grooming, photography studio, training as well as the opportunity to offer feedback and advice to our clients.
We are offering a minimum of 30 hours per week. Your own transport or the ability to get to Mid Kent Business Park, Snodland, ME6 5UA is an absolute must.
Ideal candidates will have researched our company, have an understanding of the services we offer and our goals. Previous experience with dogs is required and evidence given on application.
Strong communication skills.
The ideal addition to our family must be:
- An avid dog lover
- Willing to learn and follow instructions well
- Looking for a career with dogs
- A great timekeeper
- Reliable and trustworthy
- Hard working and motivated
- Well-presented and well-spoken
- Calm and composed
- GCSE (or equivalent) grades A*-C/9-4 in English and maths are desirable but not essential
- Applicants must not already hold a Level 2 or above qualification in Animal Care or a related subject to be eligible for this apprenticeship
- We pride ourselves on diversity and like to ensure you have the chance to learn other departments, such as retail, grooming, dog training, and photography studio
- There is an opportunity for continued employment following the apprenticeship
Things to consider
- It is important to note that this role isn’t all about cuddling and playing with puppies
- Though a great deal of the job is keeping dogs entertained and stimulated, you are also responsible for maintaining a safe and secure environment for all dogs
- There are 2 shifts available and you may be expected to work a mixture of both – either a morning (6.30am – 1pm) or a late (12.30pm – 7.30pm)
- You will be expected to pick up poo, join in with regular cleaning, be prepared to work outside in all weathers, and often get dirty. We are looking for genuinely passionate and dedicated additions to the EveryDog Ltd family
- KEITS have the right to close this vacancy earlier than the given date if needed
Monday to Friday, 6.30am – 1pm or 12.30pm – 7pm, breaks given.
Possible start date
2 January 2021
3 November 2020
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Level 2 Vet Care Support Pathway Apprentice ( Rotherham Parkgate)
Location: RotherhamView Apprenticeship Details
Level 2 Vet Care Support Pathway Apprentice (Dudley)
Location: TiptonView Apprenticeship Details
Level 2 Vet Care Support Apprentice (Sheffield Drakehouse)
Location: SheffieldView Apprenticeship Details