EveryDog is a dog crèche, giving dogs of every age the chance to socialise, learn and play all day in our open, cage-free playrooms. We are striving to become the UK’s number one dog crèche brand, offering every dog in the country the opportunity to learn and develop in our professional and reliable crèche environment. We are also developing our services to offer dog owners everything they need under one roof – doggy daycare, dog grooming, portrait photography studio and an endless list of dog supplies available from our JustDogs™ pet shop (such as dog food, leads, collars and toys). With great emphasis on our ever friendly team of smiling dog-lovers, we can’t help but share our knowledge and passion to ensure your dog live happy, healthy lives.
EveryDog is Kent’s first dog crèche of it’s kind and we are now recruiting for a new level 2 apprentice to join our rapidly expanding team.
We are looking for people with a natural love for dogs. You must be a committed team player, with bags of enthusiasm, able to listen carefully and follow instructions. It is important to note that this role isnʼt all about cuddling and playing with puppies. Though a great deal of the job is keeping dogs entertained and stimulated, you are also responsible for maintaining a safe and secure environment for all dogs.
Job involves but not limited to:
- How to handle animals safely
- Feeding, cleaning and grooming animals
- Looking after injured or sick animals
- Maintaining animal enclosures
- Identifying hazards
We will ensure you are offered the opportunity to experience all aspects of a busy dog crèche. This will include day care, grooming, photography studio, training as well as the opportunity to offer feedback and advice to our clients.
We are offering a minimum of 30 hours per week. Your own transport or the ability to get to Mid Kent Business Park, Snodland, ME6 5UA is an absolute must.
Ideal candidates will have researched our company, have an understanding of the services we offer and our goals. Previous experience with dogs is required and evidence given on application.
- Applicants must have prior experience with dogs and give a detailed example(s) of this in their application
- Strong communication skills.
The ideal addition to our family must be:
- An avid dog lover
- Willing to learn and follow instructions well
- Looking for a career with dogs
- A great timekeeper
- Reliable and trustworthy
- Hard working and motivated
- Well-presented and well-spoken
- Calm and composed
- GCSE (or equivalent) grades A*-C/9-4 in English and maths are desirable but not essential
- Applicants must not already hold a Level 2 or above qualification in Animal Care
- We pride ourselves on diversity and like to ensure you have the chance to learn other departments, such as retail, grooming, dog training, and photography studio
- There is an opportunity for continued employment following the apprenticeship
Things to consider
It is important to note that this role isn’t all about cuddling and playing with puppies. Though a great deal of the job is keeping dogs entertained and stimulated, you are also responsible for maintaining a safe and secure environment for all dogs.
There are 2 shifts available and you may be expected to work a mixture of both – either a morning (6.30am – 1pm) or a late (12.30pm – 7.30pm).
You will be expected to pick up poo, join in with regular cleaning, be prepared to work outside in all weathers, and often get dirty. We are looking for genuinely passionate and dedicated additions to the EveryDog family.
KEITS have the right to close this vacancy earlier than the given date if needed.Apply
Total hours per week: 30.00
14 months approx.
9 April 2019
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Level 2 Sports Turf Apprentice Gallops Groundsperson (GoDolphin Management Co.)
Location: NewmarketView Apprenticeship Details
Level 2 Equine Groom Apprentice (Aldborough Hall Equestrian Centre)
Location: Ilford, EssexView Apprenticeship Details
Equine Groom Apprentice - Level 2 (Regal Equestrian)
Location: Shipston-On-Stour CV36 5PJView Apprenticeship Details