Our Canine Hotel is Luxury Accommodation for Dogs giving them the best holiday. We offer high class accommodation and care along with a 5 acre field with enclosure for exercise. Our customers are fed high class Natural food, Dry, Raw or tinned which is also sold in our shop. We are licensed with 5 stars.
We are looking for someone to come and join the team that is fun, enthusiastic, and looking to learn. Conifers Canine Hotel is a high-class establishment for boarding Dogs, mainly for holidays.
The Dogs are loved and cared for as if they were our own and range from puppies through to older dogs of every breed, Large & Small.
The position would be varied, learning and assisting in cleaning, feeding and exercising the dogs. Caring and reporting any changes in a dog’s normal behaviour or refusal to eat. Assisting with grooming and learning about Natural Foods.
It would be an advantage if the applicant has dogs at home or is used to being around dogs.
The applicant must be hard working and very reliable. As we work with dog’s flexibility around times is essential and weekend and bank holiday shifts will be required. Uniform tops and protective clothing are provided. You will be expected to maintain high hygiene standards.
- You must have good communications skills
- The ideal candidate must be keen to learn, enjoy a challenge, be honest, hardworking, reliable and personable and have a keen interest in animals & their welfare. This role is a very physical job.
- Qualifications demonstrating sound literacy and numeracy skills (e.g. GCSE English and maths A*-C/9-4 or equivalent qualifications) are desirable.
- Applicant must not hold a Level 2 or above animal care qualification.
- Possibility to progress on to the Advanced Apprenticeship or full-time position in the company as it grows.
Things to consider
- KEITS Training Services Ltd reserves the right to close the vacancy earlier than the listed closing date should the need arise
- Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week), For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
- We are located in a semi-rural village therefore a car owner or someone local who has somebody to drive them in would be more advantageous. We are not on a rail route and limited buses
Bedford MK45 4BA
37.5 to 40 Hours a week
Possible start date
31 May 2021
7 April 2021
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Level 2 Canine Hydrotherapy Assistant Apprentice (Hainault Hydrotherapy)
Location: Romford, EssexView Apprenticeship Details
Veterinary Care Assistant Apprentice (Vets4Pets Northampton)
Location: NorthamptonView Apprenticeship Details
Level 2 Birds of Prey Assistant Apprentice (Willows Bird of Prey Centre)
Location: Knockholt, KentView Apprenticeship Details