Do you want to work for a company voted in the top 10 Great Places To Work in the UK? Pets at Home are the UK’s number one pet care retailer, with over 450 stores and 300 salons we are offering an opportunity to join our still expanding company and make a difference to the lives of pets and pet owners around the UK. Pets come First! At Pets at home we put the welfare of pets before anything else, which is reflected in the care we put in to training our colleagues. Offering over 14,000 hours of training for all our groom room colleagues means we can constantly exceed the expectations of our customers. You will work alongside the Salon team to provide a high standard of pet care and customer service. Following Pets at Home’s in house training program you will develop the skills to groom a variety of breeds. You will start with preparing dogs for their groom; before learning the additional skills required to provide a full grooming service.
Reporting into the Salon Manager, your responsibilities will be as follows:
- You will live the Pets at Home values and deliver the highest standards of Pet Care to all our customers and their furry friends
- You will exceed our customers’ expectations by delivering Positively Outrageous Service
- You will be responsible for the prepping and bathing of pets, as well as clipping their nails ready for the stylist to perform a full groom
- You will have the drive to achieve the skills required to become a qualified groomer and take full advantage of opportunities to learn through our in-house training plan
- You will utilise your excellent communication skills dealing with customers and colleagues on a daily basis
- You will assist in ensuring excellent salon presentation is maintained and high standards are kept through cleanliness, safety and good standards of housekeeping
- Our salons offer a great service every day of the week and so you will work 39 hours over 5 days out of 7
- You won’t be afraid to get dirty and will be passionate about achieving results and contributing to the success of your team
- You will need to have gained practical experience of handling a variety of dogs in a professional grooming or pet care environment and show this on your application to be considered.
- Strong dog handling experience is essential for this role and confidence handling a variety of different dog breeds. Please ensure you include detailed evidence of this in your application.
- You have a passion for pets and pet-welfare and this is the basis of your desire to succeed in this industry.
- You are a ‘people person’ who enjoys working as part of a team and interacting with a wide range of people, both colleagues and customers.
- You have the ability and desire to work in a busy, fast paced environment.
- You are hungry to be part of a successful salon and enthusiastic about contributing to common goals.
- You are excited to learn new skills and are proactive in your approach to your own development.
- Candidates must have a grade C (4) or above at GCSE or equivalent or Functional Skills at Level 2 in maths and English or equivalent and show this on application to be considered. Predicted grades cannot be accepted or considered so if you are awaiting results, please only apply after you have received them.
- Candidates must not already hold a level 2 or higher in an Animal Care related Qualification to be eligible for this apprenticeship.
(Failure to show these will unfortunately result in an unsuccessful application)
- At the end of your placement you will have the skills to work as a Grooming stylist. We hope you will want to continue your career with Pets at Home if a position is available.
Things to consider
- Groom Room employees operate on shifts, you will be scheduled to work weekends and bank holidays as required.
- Grooming can be physically demanding work; you will be active all day and will get messy and wet washing and prepping dogs for their groom. Pet Welfare is at the forefront of our business and you must be prepared to get dirty in the salon.
- KEITS Training Services Ltd reserves the right to close the vacancy earlier than the listed closing date should the need arise.
Various locations, please follow link to apply to view branches
14 months approx.
7 November 2019
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Level 2 or 3 Apprentice Canine Carer (Camp Tails Doggy Day Care)
Location: Bury St. Edmunds IP32 7BSView Apprenticeship Details
Level 2 Canine Carer (BusyB Pet Care)
Location: Southsea PO4 0DFView Apprenticeship Details
Apprentice Dog Grooming Assistant (Clippin Marvellous)
Location: St. Albans AL3 7LWView Apprenticeship Details