We are part of the Pets at Home Group plc, which includes Pets at Home, Vets4Pets, The Groom Room and specialist veterinary referral centres. Together, we are the UK’s leading pet care business, providing pet owners with everything they need to be able to look after their pets. Vets4Pets is proud to be one of the largest veterinary groups in the UK, with a national network of practices (of all shapes and sizes) run by partners who enjoy clinical freedom and the autonomy to do things their way. The majority are accredited on the RCVS Practice Standards scheme. Vets4Pets North Tyneside is committed to bringing you affordable, high quality care via a modern, well equipped practice, including a lab, pharmacy, digital x-ray and ultrasound. Plus, on site car parking too! The most powerful partnerships we have are with pets and their owners. This is at the heart of what we do and always will be.
We have an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and passionate Apprentice Receptionist to join our small animal practice.
- Respond to client enquiries both by telephone and face to face
- Build effective professional relationships with clients to improve customer satisfaction
- Regularly check with clients that their needs are being met by the practice and the products we offer
- Promoting products and services for example wormer and flea treatments
- Manage and deal with appointment bookings in a professional and efficient manner
- Help problem solve and make routine decisions
- Comply with health and safety regulations and local policy within the surgery
- Maintain care and welfare within the Practice
- Preparing food and feeding the animals in our care
- Keeping animals clean
- Cleaning out kennels and cages
As an apprentice, you will follow the Level 2 Animal Care & Welfare standard. The expected duration of the programme is up to 18 months. You will require a Level 4/ Grade C and above in maths and English at GCSE level and unfortunately we cannot accept anyone who has already achieved a Level 2 animal related certification as this would make you ineligible for funding and will not be considered for an apprenticeship.
The attributes required:
Our new colleague will be empathetic, passionate about the industry and will be compassionate about animal care; someone who strives to deliver the very best service for our animals and clients, every single time.
You will need to be confident and have strong communication and customer service skills.
Strong organisational skills and the ability to prioritise, along with a good level of computer literacy, you will operate the in-practice booking system, producing reports, organising mail shots and correspondence to clients.
We offer such benefits as 20% discount at the Vet Group, Pets at Home and the Groom Room, access to discounts and cashbacks, in-house career development opportunities, pension and holiday allowance.
We are an equal opportunities employer.
- The ability to work as part of a team or on own initiative
- Ability to build strong relationships with customers and within the practice team
- Strong communication and customer facing skills
- Computer literate
- Professional approach to the role
- Confident to promote new offers and products to clients
- Confidence in with working with animals
- Taking pride in delivering exceptional customer service, the ideal candidate must be keen to learn, enjoy a challenge, be honest, hardworking, reliable and personable and have a keen interest in animals & their welfare
- Working as part of a busy veterinary practice, working towards targets and practice performance measures, you will be at ease with this aspect of customer service. You will be able to prioritise work and work to deadlines, with a good attention to detail and a high level of accuracy
- You must be able to work well with others as part of a high performing team
- You don’t mind rolling your sleeves up and getting stuck in when it comes to feeding and cleaning
- GCSE Level 4/C or above (or equivalent) maths & English
- Evidence of having studied A levels/BTEC or equivalent qualifications
We are a Training Practice for Vet Nurses; we will provide you the support and opportunities to gain the experience required to achieve your apprenticeship. We want you to grow your career with us and value your loyalty. Long term prospects could include moving up into a more senior role or progressing onto an Advanced Apprenticeship as a Vet Nurse.
Things to consider
KEITS Training Services Ltd reserves the right to close the vacancy earlier than the listed closing date should the need arise.
Monday - Friday 9am – 7pm, Saturday 9am – 3.30pm. No Sunday or Bank Holidays. No Out of Hours. T
Possible start date
5 October 2020
10 September 2020
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship