Needham Canine Crèche is a new franchise to the successful Suffolk Canine Crèche and part of the Canine Crèche Group. Opened 13th March, we offer Day Care for dogs (generally whilst people are at work). It is a luxury unkennelled environment, (resembling a children’s nursery) where dogs play freely together. We have ball pits climbing frames, paddling pools, slides and wendy houses, plus lots of interactive games for the dogs to play.
A fantastic opportunity for someone who has a keen love of animals to learn to be one of our Canine Carers and be involved in the start-up of a franchise to the Canine Crèche Group. You will have a natural affinity with dogs and are basically dog lovers!
- Contribute to providing a caring, stimulating and safe environment for all dogs
- Caring and general supervision of the dogs
- Vigilance in supervising their care, well-being and entertainment
- Ensuring a plentiful supply of water
- Ensuring dog waste is removed immediately
- Tending to the dogs thoughtfully, gently and with care
- Feeding the dogs correctly (measured and on time)
- Dealing with any “special needs” dogs, i.e. older dogs or some on medication
- Paying close attention to the notices regarding dogs status such as an injury, recent surgery or allergy
- Careful and efficient monitoring of any changes or differences in dogs behaviour/temperament/condition
- Communicating and working with the team
- General cleaning duties, hoovering, sweeping, mopping, polishing, washing up, etc.
- All other miscellaneous duties that may occur on a day to day basis
- Any other reasonable duties as the needs of the business evolve
- You will answer to and work directly with the Managing Director.
- Trustful - Held a position or performed a duty previously which details high levels of trust (at school if this is first position, i.e. prefect, club leader)
- Efficient and thorough, paying attention to detail
- Friendly face to face manner and personable soft skills
- Capable of communicating clearly with all members of the team
- Able to follow written and verbal instructions exactly
- Can prove your reliability, your attendance record must be exemplary
- Highly committed to the dogs wellbeing and happiness
- You will be expected to demonstrate a calm approach
- A natural love of dogs
- A caring and professional approach
- Pro Active approach
- GCSEs, or equivalent, in maths and English.
Further training and management positions will be available. Apprentices that excel will be considered.
Things to consider
Due to the hours and our location it is essential you have access to your own transport / can ensure you arrive to work on time. You will need to arrive ready to start for 8am and leave after the last dog at 6pm on working days REALITY CHECK! You will be physically active for most of the day? We pick up dog mess! We work long shifts, which are very tiring, running around after dogs is physically tiring, and you need to be able to cope with the physical demands of the role! We are inside and outside in all weathers! Important Other Information: Training on the Apprenticeships Programme for 16 to 18 year olds is a priority and fully-funded by Government. Training for Apprenticeships for those over this age is part funded, with employers expected to make a part or full contribution. Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage (ANMW): The National Minimum Wage for Apprentices is £3.50 per hour from 1st April 2017. This is the legal minimum pay per hour applying to 16-18 year old apprentices and those aged 19 and over in the first year of their apprenticeship. For apprentices 19 or over who have completed their first year and are continuing their apprenticeship, the National Minimum wage appropriate to their age applies. Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week). KEITS Training Services Ltd reserves the right to close the vacancy earlier than the listed closing date should the need arise.Apply
15 Maitland Road | Lion Barn Industrial Estate | Ipswich | IP6 8NZ
8am – 6pm Monday to Friday opening hours. (Shifts TBC) Weekly rota. 30hrs p/w
14 months approx.
Possible start date
11 March 2019
30 January 2019
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship