2019 Emergency First Aid at Work Course dates:
- Tuesday 18th February 2020
- Thursday 30th April 2020
- Thursday 11th June 2020
- Thursday 23rd July 2020
- Thursday 10th September 2020
- Thursday 5th November 2020
£75 inc VAT, per candidate.
The 1st4sport Level 3 Award in Emergency First Aid at Work (QCF) is awarded by 1st4sport Qualifications.
The 1st4sport Level 3 Award in Emergency First Aid at Work (QCF) is regulated at Level 3 on the Qualifications and Credit Framework (QCF) and has been developed in line with the ‘First Aid at Work: The Health and Safety (First Aid) Regulations 1981 Approved Code of Practice and Guidance’ to ensure it meets Health and Safety Executive requirements in the workplace.
Who is the qualification for?
The qualification is designed for those who need to be able to undertake Emergency First Aid in a work environment as a first line First Aider.
What does the qualification cover?
It allows learners to learn, develop and demonstrate the skills required for Emergency First Aid specifically:
- understand the role and responsibilities of a first-aider
- be able to assess an incident
- be able to manage an unresponsive casualty who is breathing normally
- be able to manage an unresponsive casualty who is not breathing normally
- be able to recognise and assist a casualty who is choking
- be able to manage a casualty with external bleeding
- be able to manage a casualty who is in shock
- be able to manage a casualty with a minor injury.
The qualification is valid for 3 years at which time candidates should undertake a requalification programme.
Assessment will consist of one or more of the following:
- demonstrate competence in conducting a scene survey and primary survey
- demonstrate competence in first aid procedures for the management of a casualty who:
- is unresponsive and breathing normally (recovery position)
- is unresponsive and not breathing normally (cardiopulmonary resuscitation [CPR])
- is choking
- has external bleeding
- is in shock
- has minor injuries
- complete a series of written tasks to demonstrate knowledge and understanding.
Emergency First Aid at Work course at your premises
Our Emergency First Aid at Work course can be run at your premises, please contact Sarah Jacobs for more details, using the form below.1st4sport Level 2 Award in Emergency First Aid at Work Booking Form Booking Terms & Conditions
Course Bookings & Enquiries
Level 2 Equine Groom Apprenticeship (New Hatches Livery Fitness and Rehabilitation Centre)
Location: High WycombeView Apprenticeship Details
Level 2 Horticulture Operative, Garden Centre Apprentice (Harringe Plants)
Location: AshfordView Apprenticeship Details
Level 2 Equine Groom (Little Munden Equestrian Ltd)
Location: Bricket WoodView Apprenticeship Details